Free Elective Courses from Home and Abroad
Only courses that have not been used for completion of the corresponding prior study program may be applied to the Free Elective Courses. This proof is to be supplied by the student.
If you have completed your prior study program at the University of Graz, please hand in the data sheet (in German “Datenblatt”), which you received at the respective Dean’s Office, at the Student Services Center.
If you did not complete your prior study program at the University of Graz, please hand in a proof at the Student Services Center which courses you have not used for your prior study program.
To enter the application for recognition in UNIGRAZonline, please proceed as follows:
- Log in to UNIGRAZonline
- Click “Recognitions/Achievement supplements“
- On the “Operations“ menu, click on “New recognition“
Select the study program for which recognition is requested.
- Type of Recognition “General recognition“
- Please ignore (do not fill in) the File Number, Dean’s Office Number and Note.
- Educational Institution
Select the educational institution where the examination to be recognized was taken.
- Enter the Date of Recognition (current date)
- Enter the course to be recognized by clicking “0/0/0”
- On the “Operations“ menu, click “New position” and then click “Course(s) to be recognized: add“
- Enter the data of the completed course at the foreign university (course number, course title (name), course title in English (name English), course type, semester hours, ECTS credits, examination date, grade, etc.). The course title must also be entered in English. Do not fill in the field “Topic“. The grade indicated on the original certificate must be entered (e.g. USA: A, Italy: percentages).
- Save and Close
- In the position click “is/are recognised for Uni Graz course(s) add“ and select the examination node “Free Elective Courses“ (“Freie Wahlfächer”) of your curriculum in the tree and then select “Free Elective Course 1“ (“Freies Wahlfach 1“) (click “Select“)
- Select the corresponding course (A00.XXXXXX “Free Elective Course 1“ (“Freies Wahlfach 1”) Enter the current semester.
- Enter the grade at “Uni Graz assessment“
The grade is to be entered according to the conversion table, which is indicated on the original certificate or which can be requested from the foreign university. If credits are indicated, a conversion table in ECTS must be requested from the foreign university and enclosed with the application for recognition.
- Save and Close
- Verification of the entered data
The entered positions can be opened and edited by clicking on Position (e.g. “1/0/0”). If you want to enter further courses, click “New position” on the “Operations” menu. Then select “Free Elective Course 2“ (“Freies Wahlfach 2“) and so on.
- Confirm the entry by clicking “Confirm all positions“ in the “Operations“ menu
A correction of the entries is no longer possible for you afterwards!
- Notify the Student Services Center of your submission via email to sowi.anerkennung(at)uni-graz.at to initiate processing of your recognition request. Please include your student ID and the name of the study program.
- Submission of the Original Documents
• In the case of recognition from other domestic Universities or domestic Institutions of Post-secondary Education, the Transcript of Records (in German “Studienerfolgsnachweis”) from the educational institution must be submitted to the Student Services Center via email to sowi.anerkennung(at)uni-graz.at in order to begin processing the recognition request (creation of the official notification).
• In the case of recognition from other foreign Universities or foreign Institutions of Post-secondary Education, the original certificate from the educational institution must be submitted to the Student Services Center via email to sowi.anerkennung(at)uni-graz.at in order to begin processing the recognition request (creation of the official notification).
Please note that responses will only be sent to your student email account.
|Study Program||Free Elective Courses according to Curriculum|
|Bachelor's Program Business Administration 23W||16 ECTS|
|Bachelor’s Program Business Administration 17W||9 ECTS|
|Bachelor's Program Economics 23W||10 ECTS|
|Bachelor’s Program Economics 17W||11 ECTS|
|Bachelor’s Program Sociology 17W||14 ECTS|
|Master’s Program Business Administration 20W||8 ECTS|
|Master’s Program Business Administration 16W||8 ECTS|
|Master's Program Computational Social Systems 21W||6 ECTS|
|Master’s Program Sociology 10W||18 ECTS|
|Master’s Program Political and Empirical Economics 20W||6 ECTS|
|Master’s Program Business Education and Development 20W||8 ECTS|
|Internationales Graduate Study Programme in Cultural Sociology 19W||12 - 18 ECTS|
|Joint Study Program Global Studies on Management and Information Science 18W||8 ECTS|