Doctoral Thesis Submission
The topic and the supervisors of the Doctoral thesis have to be announced by means of a form at the Student Services Center of the School of Business, Economics and Social Sciences before starting the work. The completed form has to be submitted by email. Approval of the topic and supervisor is given by the Dean of Students.
The topic and/or the supervisors can be changed until the submission of the doctoral thesis. However, the change must be announced by means of a form with a new request in the Student Services Center via email.
No later than the submission of the doctoral thesis, the “Request for Appointment of Doctoral Thesis Reviewer” must be submitted to the Student Services Center via email to sowi.doktorat(at)uni-graz.at.
If this is a cumulative doctoral thesis, please attach to this request the list of percentages signed by all co-authors (see Cumulative Doctoral Thesis).
|Appointment of Doctoral Thesis Reviewer|
|Change of Doctoral Thesis Topic resp. Change of Supervisor|
|Please fill in the form electronically (only complete the fields highlighted in white).|
- Application “My Theses“ on your Business Card
- Fill in all required fields
When entering the title of the thesis, do not use a line break (Enter) – this will cause problems during data transfer.
- Entry of the German and English abstracts (min. 1,700 to max. 2,000 characters incl. spaces)
- Select Access Restrictions (full text)
- accessible anonymously – anyone can download the full text
- not available/only identified access – nobody can download the full text (this has nothing to do with blocking the scientific paper)
- Consent to the Affidavit
- Upload the full text as a PDF-A
The file size of the pdf-file must not exceed 40 MB.
- Click “Complete and notify supervisor now“ (Submit now) (a change is no longer possible)
- Your supervisor will receive an automated notification for abstract release.
- After release by the supervisor (“checked for content and layout“), please send an email with the completed and signed form “Request for Doctoral Thesis Assessment and Grading“ to Ms. Elisabeth Berginz.
- The bound versions can be submitted to the Student Services Center (step 2).
Instructions for entering and submitting a thesis in UNIGRAZonline (available in German only)
Attention: The thesis is only considered officially submitted after the bound copies have been handed in and the plagiarism check has been carried out!
- 4 Hard bound Copies
These must have a glued spine and a hard cover.
For a cumulative doctoral thesis the number of copies to be submitted may vary. Please contact the Student Services Center regarding this.
- 4 Abstracts in German and English
Please enclose with the four copies – do not bind in. The lenght is limited to one page (1 page German and 1 page English), min. 1,700 to max. 2,000 characters incl. spaces.
- Curriculum vitae
Please enclose with the four copies – do not bind in.
- Request for Doctoral Thesis Assessment and Grading (see step 1)
- Request for Doctoral Thesis Embargo (if necessary)
This request must be approved by the respective supervisor prior to submission of the thesis to the Student Services Center. The form has to be emailed to the Student Services Center.
- The Doctoral Thesis must be submitted promptly by mail to the Student Services Center.
The reviewers must assess and grade the thesis within four months of submission.
The period between the submission of a scientific paper and the examination concluding the study program or the completion of the program may not be less than four weeks.
If the study program is completed with an examination that concludes the study program, this examination can be taken no earlier than two weeks after the assessment has been submitted to the Examination Office or the Dean’s Office.
Resolution of the Deans of Studies and the Director of Studies dated July 7, 2009. This resolution shall take effect at the beginning of the summer semester 2010 (March 1, 2010).